SketchChair
December 17, 2017, 02:07:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: OSX Mountain Lion won't open  (Read 31394 times)
bavmike
Collaborator

« on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:03 am »

Hello, I tried to install the program on OSX mountain Lion and it said "file is damaged cannot open". Downloaded 3 times and got the same message.
greg
Diatom

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37:45 am »

Hi Thanks for the report!

I think this issue might be related to new OSX GateKeeper security program blocking SketchChair from running.
According to this link: http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/

you can get around the problem by control-clicking on the app and selecting open and then open again on the dialog that pops up.

Let us know if this works for you.
Thanks!
greg
Diatom

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:34 am »

Another user has just reported back that the first solution on this page does not work however the second solution in the linked page does!

In order to open SketchChair on a mac with GateKeeper installed currently you will need to do the following:

from: http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/
Disable GateKeeper’s Unidentified App Developer Prevention Completely
This is generally best for advanced users who know what apps to trust and not to trust:

1. Launch System Preferences from the Apple  menu
2. Choose “Security & Privacy” and then click the “General” tab, followed by clicking the lock icon in the corner to unlock the settings
3. Look for “Allow applications downloaded from:” and choose “Anywhere”
4. Accept the security warning and allow
5. You can now launch any app from any location or developer
canadianwoodworks
Collaborator

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

Works, thanks!
dean.isham
Collaborator

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:00:03 am »

The control click idea did not work. 

In  the system preferences>>security & privacy setting >> general talb>>  the allow downloads from to everywhere  WORKS!!
w.alshuaili
Collaborator

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

Hello, I tried to install the program on OSX mountain Lion and it said "file is damaged cannot open". Downloaded 3 times and got the same message.

I got the same problem
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: